Class of 2021 - Senior Gift Campaign TOTAL!
- 4/15 - If you’d like to make a gift to any fund at Cal, check out our Senior Gift Drive!
- 4/5 - Our Honor Roll has been updated! Thank you to our Senior donors. <3
- 3.30 - Share what you’re Beary Grateful for and you just might win a gift card!
- 3/17 - Bears Give Back Week was a huge success! Senior gift campaign totals will be updated soon. If you made a gift during Bears Give Back Week, you should have received an email from Cal Student Philanthropy re: Student Store discount.
- 3/8 - It’s Bears Give Back Week! Follow us @CalStudentPhilanthropy to win in our giveaways and register for Big Give Live! on 3/11 from 12-1pm PST at bit.ly/bgl_21 .
- 2/25 - Announced the campaign! You can make a gift using our Senior Gift Fund Drive, give.berkeley.edu, or crowdfund.berkeley.edu - you can give back to any program / unit on campus, even your student group! You choose where you make your impact.
- Every gift goes a long way, no matter how much you give. And if you can’t make a gift, that’s okay, too! Come through to Bears Give Back Week and check back to see campaign total updates!
PERKS: If you’re a Senior and make a gift, you get these special perks!
- Recognition as Berkeley Loyal
- Mention on the Online Donor Roll
- Invitations to:
- A special webinar with Prof. Dacher Keltner in mid-April
- A fireside chat with the Chancellor in early May
Check out campus resources below:
Student Emergency Fund: Accessing & Supporting
The Student Emergency Fund provides direct support to help students cover lost wages, food, relocating costs, and other essentials, including technology and books.
- To access additional support from the Student Emergency Fund, you can get started by opening a case with the Financial Aid office here. They will get back to you within 1–3 days of your inquiry.
- If you are able and would like to give back to Cal, we encourage you to make a gift to the Student Emergency Fund. We have been asking alumni and parents that want to help to make a gift to this fund as well - feel free to share! Thank you so much.
Basic Needs Center: Services Available for You
A comprehensive living document detailing all of the resources and services they provide is available here.
- The Basic Needs Center provides the following services: Food Pantry, Case Management, Emergency Housing, Drop-In Financial Aid Advising, and CalFresh Support.
Career Center: Advice for Seniors
- Handshake is a job-searching portal that every study at Cal has exclusive access to. Log-in with your CalNet ID here.
- Once you log-in, click “Career Center” to:
- Make video appointments with Career Counselors.
- Read the Job and Internship Guide.
- Access other guides and resources.
- We have access to career counseling for one year after they graduate. We’ll also have access to Handshake and events for up to 5 years. Here are more details about services for alumni.
- CareerMail is a newsletter written by our counselors and tailored to your industry! They have lots of advice for dealing with job searching amidst Covid-19.
- Sign up for a CareerMail newsletter on Handshake.
- Click your profile icon → “Career Interests” → Scroll down and select your categories.
- Online resources for assistance with career exploration, interviewing, job/internship search skills, and more.
- See where grads from your major have ended up.
- Additional job search listings by industry.
Mental Health Resources
It’s important we take time to acknowledge and care for our mental health during this tough time.
- Advice from the Greater Good Science Center
- We found the advice the Greater Good Science Center in this article, “Four Things to Every Day for Your Mental Health,” to be helpful. Focusing on these 4 things - Moving, Nourishing, Connecting, Being - definitely has helped some of us get through the days.
- The Greater Good Science Center has more articles and guides like this here.
- Counseling Services
- For help from University Health Services, you can find more information about making an appointment with a counselor here.
- Student-to-Student Peer Counseling is also offering drop-in hours on Zoom 10am-4pm M-F with trained student counselors! Make an appointment here.