Cal Student Philanthropy is RECRUITING!
If you’re interested in becoming a Philanthropy Ambassador with CSP, let us know at bit.ly/csp_21. Our first meeting will be Friday, September 11th at 5 p.m.!
Update on the Senior Gift Campaign + Resources for Seniors! 
We know our Senior Year didn’t end up like how any of us expected it - we’re bummed, too. We’ve compiled some resources to help us out financially, professionally, and mentally.
The Senior Gift Campaign
- Big thanks to all the Seniors who’ve given back as part of the Senior Gift Campaign, a tradition that dates back over 100 years.
- In light of the Covid-19 outbreak, we’ve decided to redirect our campaign’s focus to getting emergency support to students. Coming together as a Class to support each other is one of the best things we can do now to Keep Cal Golden.
- We are working on reimagining our traditional Senior Gift events, Happy Office Hours and the Chancellor’s Thank You Reception, as virtual alternatives — stay tuned!
Student Emergency Fund: Accessing & Supporting
The Student Emergency Fund provides direct support to help students cover lost wages, food, relocating costs, and other essentials, including technology and books.
- To access additional support from the Student Emergency Fund, you can get started by opening a case with the Financial Aid office here. They will get back to you within 1–3 days of your inquiry.
- If you are able and would like to give back to Cal, we encourage you to make a gift to the Student Emergency Fund. We have been asking alumni and parents that want to help to make a gift to this fund as well - feel free to share! Thank you so much.
Basic Needs Center: Services Available for You
A comprehensive living document detailing all of the resources and services they provide is available here.
- The Basic Needs Center provides the following services: Food Pantry, Case Management, Emergency Housing, Drop-In Financial Aid Advising, and CalFresh Support.
Career Center: Advice for Seniors
- Handshake is a job-searching portal that every study at Cal has exclusive access to. Log-in with your CalNet ID here.
- Once you log-in, click “Career Center” to:
- Make video appointments with Career Counselors.
- Read the Job and Internship Guide.
- Access other guides and resources.
- We have access to career counseling for one year after they graduate. We’ll also have access to Handshake and events for up to 5 years. Here are more details about services for alumni.
- CareerMail is a newsletter written by our counselors and tailored to your industry! They have lots of advice for dealing with job searching amidst Covid-19.
- Sign up for a CareerMail newsletter on Handshake.
- Click your profile icon → “Career Interests” → Scroll down and select your categories.
- Online resources for assistance with career exploration, interviewing, job/internship search skills, and more.
- See where grads from your major have ended up.
- Additional job search listings by industry.
Mental Health Resources
It’s important we take time to acknowledge and care for our mental health during this tough time.
- Advice from the Greater Good Science Center
- We found the advice the Greater Good Science Center in this article, “Four Things to Every Day for Your Mental Health,” to be helpful. Focusing on these 4 things - Moving, Nourishing, Connecting, Being - definitely has helped some of us get through the days.
- The Greater Good Science Center has more articles and guides like this here.
- Counseling Services
- For help from University Health Services, you can find more information about making an appointment with a counselor here.
- Student-to-Student Peer Counseling is also offering drop-in hours on Zoom 10am-4pm M-F with trained student counselors! Make an appointment here.